Just Another Blog

Monday, August 01, 2005

Spoilt One

Never washed my clothes ever.
Never ironed them.
Never washed vessels (never even washed my plate - just dumped them in the sink).
Never had to cook.
Never had to clean my room.
Never had to walk to work.
Never had to shop for groceries.

Now I have to do all of them and a few things I will discover painfully soon - and all this by myself!!! Where is justice in this world! How can they burden a human being with so many chores and make them do this repeatedly...

And ironing is such a hassle - the shirt in your hand behaves like a mischevious child and does not stay still on the iron table and when you move the iron, it curls and up falls to the other side causes a crease, when you try to remove one - another one mysteriously appears... After 10 minutes of fighting these creases, I gave up... Today I wore a shirt which has creases like a Z - well a couple of hippies who had looks on their faces like "We are not the only wierdos here"

And to imagine - one guy used to iron and neatly fold my shirts for 2 Indian rupees... A maid used to come and clean the house spic and span and do up my bed... I used to throw my clothes in the laundry and the whole supply chain was so automated that clothes would come neatly pressed in 3 days... A parcel used to come sharp at 7:30 with dinner... Never had to worry about one of these things ever in my life... That was Life...

Yeh Kahan aa gaye hum!!

When I was busy complaining about this to my Spanish American friend and she giggled saying something like "C'ouvre cito" - not sure what it was - sounded something like that... I asked her what the hell was that, she said it translated to "u Spoilt one"...

13 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Mrs. Dalloway, at 9:57 PM  

  • Don't ever take me seriously as always!!!!!!! Am a trifle worried after after speaking to you today!

    By Blogger Mrs. Dalloway, at 6:01 AM  

  • Don't worry - I too was joking only - did not take it seriously di

    And really nice of you to call in... great way to start the day

    By Blogger tcr_79, at 7:21 AM  

  • Well looks like you will be house broken soon :)) Wish we could send the enitre Indian male population to the US for a one year stint.I have seeen spoilt cousins come back reformed;)

    By Blogger silverine, at 10:30 AM  

  • I am not SPOILT!!!

    I was not expecting this in the bargain!!

    By Blogger tcr_79, at 11:37 AM  

  • okay okay not spoilt, I will rephrase,would 'pampered' be a better word? lol All Indian guys are! :))

    By Blogger silverine, at 7:47 PM  

  • Come on - Even the girls of these days are pampered

    Don't single out us poor guys only!!

    By Blogger tcr_79, at 8:49 AM  

  • tcr_79 - you were very spoiled!!! (not spoilt) Also, when you told me of your "hard life" I said "pobrecito" which means poor baby. =) Welcome to America - the land of do it yourself. Oh! Gracie says hi! I've been very busy w/finals so I can only email you. Type to you soon tcr_79!!! A.K.A. Spoiled one!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:52 AM  

  • Hi..

    Oh yeah it was that "pobrecito" - i am not spoilt :(:(:( - you and grace were giggling big time that day...

    Give my Hi and hugs to Grace...

    Of course you will be busy - everyone is busy here - because they have to do their own stuff -everything!! Bad place :(

    Really nice of you to drop in despite your busy schedule and post a comment

    By Blogger tcr_79, at 11:58 AM  

  • I see myself when you list the things you havent done. I havent done most of these myself. So a similar fate awaits me round the corner, i think :)

    By Blogger Praveen, at 1:18 AM  

  • Praveen: Be prepared man... If however you need a simple list of recipes, I have got one made - thanks to my mom

    So cooking is not an issue now - though cleaning dishes and cutting vegetables is :(:(

    By Blogger tcr_79, at 8:35 AM  

  • thts like Welcome to US.. hehehe.. been dng these for 2.5 yrs now..

    By Blogger Vivhyd, at 5:47 PM  

  • I think its about time to rewrite this particular blog...there will be quite a few changes - like you would now be willingly doing most of these jobs...afterall Life has changed now ! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home