Just Another Blog

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Miss my Math classes

Used to be a part-time Maths faculty. Unfortunately since I had to relocate, I am unable to pursue this anymore though I would have loved to...

Part-time teaching helps a lot - it builds confidence, sharpens one's communication skills and more importantly keeps you in touch with your basics which you learnt early in life

More than all that - I just used to love taking the Maths classes - explaining problems in detail - listening patiently to the questions that the students had and answering them. When I had to explain tough problems, I had to use different approaches to get the idea across and this was sometimes a challenge - but I used to like the challenge.

Teaching was a welcome break from the routine office work and was also a good pastime as all I did in my freetime was watch tv, go for movies, eat-out or yeah crib about work!

I definitely enjoyed taking classes and this is something that I would like to do when I get back to India. Hope my students enjoyed the classes half as much as I enjoyed taking them!

5 Comments:

  • I unfortunately did not enjoy math although my grades suggested otherwise ;). Anyway, hope you can get back to teaching soon.

    By Blogger Praveen, at 1:19 AM  

  • math rocks!!! unfortunately k.u thinks engg doesnt need maths after s5.

    By Blogger -Poison-, at 2:52 AM  

  • Praveen: Thanks man - hope to get to that - though i know its going to be a while

    Poison:

    If you want to post-graduate in engineering or want to do an MBA, you would need Maths. Even in Commerce I guess the importance of number crunching is important in the Fin and Accounts papers -

    And yes, Math does Rock!!!

    In K.U (assuming Kerala Univ) i think there are 2 Maths subjects in 6th Sem... If it is Karnataka - i am not sure...

    By Blogger tcr_79, at 8:33 AM  

  • Hey we were just discussing teaching at http://pallavidhody.blogspot.com/ " The Moment" and lo behold you put up a post of the same subject.

    Me to be wanna be teacher :(

    By Blogger silverine, at 1:31 PM  

  • Silverline: yeah - saw that when i visited her blog...

    If you want to be a teacher, there are lot of avenues - but time is always a constraint

    By Blogger tcr_79, at 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home