Just Another Blog

Monday, September 05, 2005

Couch potato!

Whole weekend - did just one thing - Watched TV

Mornings was mostly the US Open - the dreadful Sania match, the thrilling Blake match, awesome Federer annihilating his opponent and the list of matches goes on... This year the US Open has been absolutely fabulous... there has been some terrific tennis going on.

My favourite tennis tournament since childhood was Wimbledon - I still remember Ivan Lendl nearly crying out in despair to the umpire - "you're cheating", the epic Agassi-Ivanesevic match in which I believed that they both should have been given the cup, the great match in which Jana Novotna lost a match to Steffi after being at match point in the Final and she cried on the queens shoulder, memories of Edberg-Becker and all are still vivid in memory...

But I must say this year's US open has had nearly half of the matches going down to the wire - If I were a bookie, I would never bet on any match - else I would get a heart attack watching the nail biting close finishes most of the matches are having. It really has been such a treat to watch it the whole weekend

Sunday night after the Federer match, watched 3 movies on a trot - and the 3 movies were different in their own respect. Started off with Rush hour - II - was ok, simple Jackie chan action movie with its own cute humour (not as good as the first part - as a rule sequels are not as good as the first part except for Terminator), second was a mushy romantic movie - Wedding date and ended the day with the most awesome movie of all time - Shawshank Rededmption... I do not remember whether it is my 5th or 6 th time I am watching it but I was as hooked to it as
ever...

If you have not watched the movie, you are missing something...

5 Comments:

  • New chief at medical clinic
    St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands is a piece of paradise in the Caribbean. NewsofStJohn.com reports news and information about this special place.
    Hello nice blog site! Added it to my bookmarks for future reference.

    I have a internet poker
    site/blog. It pretty much covers internet poker related stuff.

    Come check mine out if you get time.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:00 PM  

  • Hmmm... am a big tennis buff myself, and ya the matches you mention made me feel nostalgic as well. Have never been able to watch much of US open over the years because of the odd timings for the Indian viewer.

    By Blogger Praveen, at 4:07 AM  

  • Praveen

    That sucks - if I were you, I would watch the night matches - today both the quarters were awesome

    By Blogger tcr_79, at 9:58 PM  

  • well.. somehow I have lost interest in Tennis.. used 2 watch it so much be4.. Edberg and Pete Sampras were my fav.. and Sabatini..

    oh ya I heard abt tht movie.. will c it soon...

    By Blogger Vivhyd, at 3:52 PM  

  • Viv - watch the US Open - it is nothing short of terrific... the mens and womens matches have been really good this time around

    Sampras too was my favourite...

    Watch the movie - am sure you will enjoy it

    By Blogger tcr_79, at 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home