Just Another Blog

Monday, September 19, 2005

Friends Forever

What is it about friendships that make it so special... What is this thing that makes some people all the more important to you than the others... What is the meaning of the words that people use: compatability, same wavelength, same frequency etc... I really dont know the answers and the more I think, the more complex it gets...

I feel that every person needs two best friends - one a guy, and one a girl... I believe that a guy can give you practical inputs in life, think in a balanced way and approach solutions in an analytical way. Some of the problems in life, you need to go to a guy who can help you out with his practical approach.... The girl however is needed for emotional support - girls are much more sensitive than guys to feelings of other people and can understand you much better than what guys can in times of emotional distress.

Since the past 8 and a half years, I have been sharing a close, special friendship with this girl I came to know when I was studying. We in fact used to dislike each other initially and I still remember how she curtly talked to me the first time I had spoken to her... I guess I used to be irritating to the women folk in large, so this was not unusual for me...

Over time, we kept talking and slowly found that we enjoyed each others company and used to never get bored of each other... We used to spend the day together and the evening back to the phone... The friendship blossomed and I cherish some of these special moments even today... There used to be happy times, sharing of secrets, vambu adi (typical of girls), problem-sharing, lots of leg-pulling, bitter fights, anger bursts (one time I saw my bag flying out of the door as I made too much fun of her), crying, making up and then the cycle used to continue endlessly and it continues today...

Good times dont last forever... We had to move to different places as we had secured jobs in different cities... Communication thinned out, mails being the only medium by which we managed to keep in touch... Phone calls became rare as in those days mobiles were really expensive and one had to go to a STD booth to make a call... She got married and I moved on to study further and that reduced communication even more...

However the one good thing is that even though we spoke only once in a while, as she says the "Magic" was always there... And whenever we happened to be in the same city, we always made it a point to meet each other come what may...

With much improved means of communication thse days at low costs, we are much more in touch than we used to be before and that is just great...

I believe that she is a person who has become a permanent fixture in my life, and that is what Best Friends are for... Best Friends are forever

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home