Just Another Blog

Monday, November 14, 2005

A friendship I cherish...

Everyone needs a friend like him but I dont think everyone is fortunate enough to get a friend like him - He is Viks from Indore

I used to wonder why he is such a special friend and all I can say is there are far too many reasons for the same. But the most important is that He is THERE when you need him - for support, for encouragement, to give you sound advice, to back u up when the chips are down, Bottom-line - you can always bank on him.

Sometimes when I ask his opinion - he exactly knows that I am not asking his opinion but just asking him permission to do something which he knows I would anyway do - and he understands my exact intent and smiles and says - "You are right, da - go ahead"

I have never stopped playing pranks and pulling legs at him and had it been any other person, I would be typing this post a lot slower as I would be having only one hand and would have lot more than 208 bon es (i think thats the correct count?) in my body...

I remember the famous "Towel incident" college which is one of the many pranks I played on him...

One day I and K were on the corridor of the hostel bored when Viks came out of his room and was passing us. I and K decided that we were bored and we would give Viks "bumps" - for no rhyme or reason - just to kill time!!

Viks said "Guys, I am going for a bath and just have undergarments and a towel wrapped around my waist - This is not the best time - please". But no - we were not in a mood to listen. Realizing that Viks started running towards the bathroom to escape us and we followed in hot pursuit..

He managed to get into one of the bath areas and locked the door but the problem was that the baths are not fully closed and the walls are only about 9 feet high. There is about opening about a foot wide between the wall and the roof... So K decided to climb the wall and get into the bath through that - when he got on top - he started laughing devilishly at Viks, who was shocked at what K was doing.

He knew he was no longer safe ther - he opened the door real-quick and ran out to the corridor... We managed to catch him by the towel but he still kept running through the corridor with us tugging at the towel...

That is when we saw Praf and his girlfriend come from the other end of the corridor - we saw them and let go of the towel... However the towel had gotten loose with all the tugging - Seeing Praf and his gf, Viks panicked. In an effort to tighten the towel, he tugged at one end and forgot to hold the other end... In a flash, he was holding the towel in his right hand and it was as if he wacing it to somebody without allowing the towel to do its primary duty - protect his Assets. He ended up looking like a Spaniard in a bull-fight and he was waving (the towel) at the bull (ok Praf was a bit on the plump side)...

In an attempt to cover-up for his mistake, Viks brought the towel from right to left and he again forgot one basic thing - HOLD the other end - so it swayed to the other side. Praf's gf was pleasantly shocked at the striptease - she knew our hostel had some notorious guys but she never expected this in the wildest of dreams...

Viks gave up all his attempts to get the towel into base position - he just threw it to the ground and ran to his room - I an K were in splits



Any guy other than Viks would have been infuriarated - but then he has a great sense of humour - he too joined in the fun and we all had a good round of laughter at his room later...

One thing is that he is liked by everyone in the batch as he is a really nice person. But sometimes people try to take advantage of this and take him for granted - though what they dont realize is that as long as Viks is in a good mood - life is fine - but if he gets pissed off - then well God save the person...

But the good natured guy that he is - he never actually shouts at anyone and even if he does, he will bounce back pretty fast. I remember having quite a few disruptive arguments but then we have bounced back pretty quickly...

Viks - forgive for the numerous pranks I have played on you in the past and for the ones I am going to play on you in the future :) One thing is for sure - I cherish your friendship...

18 Comments:

  • Nice one!! Hostel life does have good memories always.. enjoyed reading this..

    By Blogger Vivhyd, at 1:49 PM  

  • viv,

    Really felt nice getting a compliment...

    And yes, some really good memories..

    By Blogger tcr_79, at 6:04 PM  

  • wow !!! that was sweet ....

    But am sure one day Viks will get back at you ;))).

    I remember the guys in college ... ( by the way , i studied in the same Engg coll as you ) ... esp the hostellites ....

    By Blogger ~*. D E E P A .* ~, at 9:24 PM  

  • now , i feel i miss college

    By Blogger ~*. D E E P A .* ~, at 9:24 PM  

  • Ha-ha :) not yet atleast

    You miss college is it - hmm...

    Nice to know someone from the same college - cool :)

    And thanks for the compliment

    By Blogger tcr_79, at 10:23 PM  

  • miss coll in the sense i can no longer get home by 5:00 ... these days , it is after 7:15.

    but , i dont really miss my friends coz i am in touch w/ most of them as it is

    By Blogger ~*. D E E P A .* ~, at 12:22 AM  

  • Yeah - college is always much more fun - I agree completely

    After being in two colleges - or grad and post grad - I could not agree more

    By Blogger tcr_79, at 12:23 AM  

  • :)

    By Blogger ~*. D E E P A .* ~, at 12:53 AM  

  • you seem to be online quite a bit :)

    Nice to see you on my blog a couple of times a day

    Keep visiting till you get bored

    By Blogger tcr_79, at 12:58 AM  

  • dont think i am gonna get bored .... and i am connected as long as i am at office ... when i get home , i refuse to do nething w/ my pc except giving her a hug ...

    y the hell havent u been to visit me yet ? : Says grandma in LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD

    By Blogger ~*. D E E P A .* ~, at 4:13 AM  

  • this is w.r.t. ur comment on tattoos :
    my reply:

    "
    Relax .... i am not gonna get permanent ones.
    "

    By Blogger ~*. D E E P A .* ~, at 1:22 AM  

  • Deeps - Totally relaxed :)

    Try to avoid the temporary ones - ok now you will say - Shut up haha :)

    By Blogger tcr_79, at 1:26 AM  

  • no ... whatz wrong w/ temp ones ????

    By Blogger ~*. D E E P A .* ~, at 2:34 AM  

  • Well... nothing wrong with them...

    But I do not think tattoos are cool and have found very few cases in which it looked classy...

    However if you like it, go ahead - but only temporary ones ok... :)

    By Blogger tcr_79, at 3:28 AM  

  • this is a great entry. keep it up.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:57 PM  

  • Thanks Tess...

    By Blogger tcr_79, at 9:59 PM  

  • Haha :) Viks called me yesterday and said - he does not whether to be happy or embarassed...

    Dee, I just narrated it like I would narrate a story - lucky it made sense - I thought it would not... It was like one of those things in which you have to be there :)

    And Viks so wishes he wasn't

    Thanks for all the compliments...

    By Blogger tcr_79, at 9:25 AM  

  • Thanks Sumi...

    I know I am lucky to have him as a friend...

    Thanks for dropping by - keep dropping by

    By Blogger tcr_79, at 2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home