Just Another Blog

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Time for a change

Indian team has lost to the second string English team and what is most disappointing is that the "masters of spin" succumed to spin - what an irony!

I have noticed over the years, even though the players have changed, teams have changed, the Indian team has an uncanny knack of making heavy weather of gettable targets. I have never seen an Indian in the recent past which has chased in the fourth innings and won a Test when chances were 50-50. We dont seem to have the mental resolve to grind through the tough periods and wait for the bad balls to dispatch them. Instead we lose patience and try out some extravagant drive or pull and gift the wicket in a platter.

The whole team could not score 100 in the last innings and it is really disappointing.

As in the corporate world where a company is only as good as its last quarter results, I believe that a player should be in the team only on merit of his recent performances and not on his past laurels. I would really like the selectors to take some hard decisions and I definitely want to see some heads roll.

7 Comments:

  • i am first :)))

    this post sounds a lot like Vivek's :)))

    and u wanna know how my mind runs .. huh ????

    By Blogger ~*. D E E P A .* ~, at 10:39 PM  

  • Adi paavi :( :(

    You could have said - Vivek copied me instead :) and who is Vivek?

    Well - my mind walks :) so would like to know abt minds that run...

    By Blogger tcr_79, at 10:48 PM  

  • tcr.. she was referring to me!! and i ranted abt it couple of days back even be4 India lost and there is more coming up as team india gave me the worst bday gift.. haha.. cudnt help but laugh at both comments above!

    By Blogger Vivhyd, at 8:16 AM  

  • Oh ok :)

    I predicted our loss when they amassed 400 but the way we lost left me really low...

    Oh so deepz was referring to you, because I did check your blog and I thought you too posted abt the last day hara-kiri...

    By Blogger tcr_79, at 8:25 AM  

  • heh heh heh .....

    ok tcr , will give a break ....
    both u and vivek are copy cats ... happy now ????

    By Blogger ~*. D E E P A .* ~, at 7:51 PM  

  • Adi paavi...

    He is a copycat not me....

    grr... wait till i get you

    By Blogger tcr_79, at 8:14 PM  

  • :))))

    By Blogger ~*. D E E P A .* ~, at 9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home